This Gurdwara is displaying its splendour in the village Padhana located in the western part of the village. The Gurdwara is located 1 km from the Indian border in Pakistan.
Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji arrived in this village from Dhilvan due to the love and affection of the villagers. Guru Hargobind was travelling from Lahore to Amritsar. During his stay, he talked about Sat Gur Ji with a Jat of Sandhu clan named Jalhan Jat, a prominent landlord of the village.
Initially a simple Gurdwara was built. Sardar Attar Singh of Padhana, the chief of this village, started again and with the efforts of villagers a beautiful building was built. A local committee used to arrange food for the Langar.
During the 1947 partition of Punjab region, The Sikhs masses had to leave the Historic Gurdwara of Guru Hargobind. The Gurdwara was then occupied by the Mewati muslims from the Haryana area, who settled in the interior of the Gurdwara. As the years went, the building started to become neglected.
The premises of Gurdwara is still occupied by the muslim refugees from Mewat region of Haryana and Rajasthan, the building is in a good condition but it will deteriorate if proper care is not taken. Gurdwara Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Padhana remained affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee until it was abandoned upon the partition of the Punjab in 1947.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors