This village called Manga is located on Lahore-Multan road about 35 kilometer from Lahore. The Gurdwara can be seen standing beside Aligarh School even before the Manga Bus Stop.
There is a Chota Nanakiana in this village at the site where Sat Guru Nanak Sahib Ji stayed. 135 ghumaon of land is endowed in the name of gurdwara, 50 acres of this land is exempted from land revenue. The Granthi's were Sikhs and a fair used to be held on Viasakhi.
Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji stayed at this place while he was coming back from Nankana Sahib. The Gurdwara was built like a Daak bungalow (government rest house).
There is a large pond which is now with the Department of Fisheries. The building of the Gurdwara was burnt down by muslims that settled here during 1947.
The land belonging to the Gurdwara is in the possession of Late Justice Maulvi Mushtaq who built Aligarh Public school on this land.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors