Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji came here from Alamgir via Joddan, Rattan on 31st December 1704 with Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Dharam Singh and Bhai Maan Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh stayed at the location of Gurdwara Sri Challa Sahib where there was a dense forest at the time. When the villagers heard Guru Ji had come, they provided Guru Ji with all that they could.
A challa (ring) on Guru Gobind Singh's finger caused Guru Ji's finger to swell due to the cold weather and archery. As the challa needed to be removed, a carpenter named Bhai Jawla Ji used a file (see picture) with great care.
Guru Gobind Singh rewarded Bhai Jawla by giving him the challa which has been kept withing Bhai Jawla's family through the generations. The current family live near Jagroan and still have the challa and file in their possession. The family come to the Gurdwara on important occassions to show the artifacts.
Over time, the village Mohie seems to have been protected from misfortune while other villages nearby have suffered.
The Gurdwara was re-built and expanded in 1935. Every year on 31st December their is a nagar kirtan and on 1st January their is katha and kirtan.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors