Our humble aim is to;
Raise Sikh awareness and let people;
Discover the Sikhs,
Discover the Sikh Guru's,
Discover the Sikh Heritage,
and Discover Waheguru...
You may have come to this page seeking to know more 'about us'. However, this page is really 'about you'.
DiscoverSikhism.com provides information for all those wanting to learn more about Sikhi. On a personal level, what have you learnt? how will you use the information you've come across to improve? Everybody in this world has a strong desire to improve themselves. It's a natural desire, indeed it is a good ambition and from the moment one is born, one tries to achieve that goal.
Sikhs try to improve themselves by;
1) increasing their remembrance of God (through Naam Japna, Simran, reading Gurbani, etc).
2) standing up for justice and good causes by training and being physically fit.
3) working honestly and earning by the "sweat of the brow". To live a family way of life, and practice truthfulness and honesty in all dealings.
4) promoting equality and by treating all as equal.
5) sharing ones wealth with others in the community. To give to charity, to distribute in langar (free Kitchen) and to generally help others in the community who need help.
So, what about you?
What does 'improvement' mean to you? Does it mean more wealth? a career? possessions? recognition of your achievements? maybe increased happiness? or is it to improve your knowledge about Sikhi, Waheguru (God) and your role in this selfish world?
ਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਜਾਣਿ ਨ ਜਾਣਈ ਕਿਆ ਤਿਸੁ ਚਜੁ ਅਚਾਰੁ ॥
Gur ka▫o jāṇ na jāṇ▫ī ki▫ā ṯis cẖaj acẖār.
Some are very knowledgeable, but if they do not know the Guru, then what is the point of their lives?
~ Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Guru Nanak, Ang 19, Pauri 2.
It is God and the noble Sikh Guru's who have done the work, we have simply presented the message. The rest is down to you and God's will,
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.