This sacred Gurdwara is connected with the visit of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji who travelled here from Lahore.
The Gurdwara was located about 4 km's west of Kahna bus stop on Ferozepur Road. Kaacha is the Railway station about 3 km from the village.
The Gurdwara, which was also known as Guru Arjan Niwas, was built on a knoll in the village. Guru Hargobind went hunting here when there was a thick forest.
There is a big water reservoir outside the village in front of the street of the Gurdwara Sahib. It was built by Diwan Lakhpat Rai. Presently it is with Fisheries Department.
Bhai Mal Ji started Prakash of Guru Granth Sahib during the British rule. Later the control of Gurdwara passed into the hands of the Singh Sabha.
A Gurdwara Committee had finalised a plan to set up a college for the higher education of girls before 1947 but this plan remained incomplete.
The remains of the collapsed Gurdwara were standing a year ago (1997?) but now have disappeared completely. A Mayo (a clan) raised a mansion over the site. The residential rooms of Gurdwara, the tank and the Langar hall are still standing but some muslims live in these buildings.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors