Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji visited this place in 1706 while on his way from Talwandi Sabo to Sirsa and stopped here to rest for the night.
A Gurdwara commemorating the visit was later established, about 200 metres southwest of the village.
The Gurdwara was served by a line of udasi sadhus until the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee took over possession under the Sikh Gurdwaras Act of 1925.
The old Gurdwara has since been demolished and a more spacious building constructed by Nihangs of Budha Dal. The square high ceiling hall has a sanctum in the centre and a Bhora Sahib below.
The sanctum is topped by a lotus dome. Special congregations take place on every nomoon day. The Gurdwara is popularly known as Gurdwara Sri Jhanda Sahib.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors