This Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 24 km south of Bathinda City in village Pakka Kalan.
Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji visited this place in 1706 while travelling from Muktsar City, on his way from village Jassi Bagwali to Talwandi Sabo via Chak Hira Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh tied his horse to the peg of a Jand tree, which sprouted and became a fully fledged Jand tree.
The original Gurdwara located to the south east of the village together with its land and property passed into private possession subsequent to the Gurdwara enactment of 1925. While the Khalsa was trying to survive, many original Gurdwaras were controlled by udasi mahants with self serving interests.
A new Gurdwara, also known as Gurdwara Jand Sahib Patshahi Dasvi, was constructed after the partition of the country in 1947.
The Gurdwara is located in the northern part of the village near an old jand (Prosopis specigerd) tree which is believed to have sprouted from a peg to which Guru Gobind Singh's horse had been fastened. It comprises a hall, with the 4 metre square sanctum at the far end. The Gurdwara is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and is managed by a local committee.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors