Gurdwara Sri Gurusar Satlani Sahib is located 1.5 km south of Satlani railway station. 1.5 km further to the south is village Hoshiar Nagar.
The Gurdwara marks the spot where Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, travelling from Lahore to Amritsar, stopped for the night near a pond.
According to local tradition, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji appointed one of his Sikhs, Bulaka Singh, as the custodian of this Gurdwara. The Gurdwara was richly endowed by Sikh rulers and chiefs during the first half of the nineteenth century.
The management of the Gurdwara along with its vast farmlands passed to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1925. In 1974, it was renovated by Bhai Marigal Singh. The main hall is on the ground floor of the six storey building.
The water of the old pond, was properly lined and used as sarovar, is believed to have medicinal properties for curing skin diseases. A largely attended annual fair is held to coincide with the full moon day of Bhadori (August-September).
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan