Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji visited here in 1665 during a tour of the Malwa region.
Along with Guru Tegh Bahadur was Mata Nanaki Ji, Mata Gujari Ji and other Sikhs.
On the first night Guru Tegh Bahadur rested at this location just outside village Rohta. The villagers were not aware Guru Ji was nearby but the next day Bhai Jhanda and his father offered their services.
Bhai Jhanda provided food and water. After eating Guru Tegh Bahadur listened to the kirtan of Bhai Jhanda and his father and was very pleased.
In the evening, Guru Tegh Bahadur held a diwan for the local Sangat (from the nearby villages). Many people became Sikhs at the hands of Guru Tegh Bahadur although some were afraid of the muslims in Suba Sirhind as they were not free to practise their relgion.
Guru Tegh Bahadur stayed for 3 days and then continued his journey.
Maharaja Ripudaman Singh gifted the Gurdwara 200 bighas of land and formed a Gurdwara committee.
The Gurdwara was built in 1920 and re-built and extended in 1990 by Bhai Harbans Singh.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors