Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji stayed at the site of Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Kanpur on his way from Etawah to Allahabad in 1665-66.
At the time Kanpur was a small village called Kahnapur or Kanhaiyapur. The Gurdwara established here by a modest single room building was developed in the beginning of the 20th century by Bhai Praduman Singh.
The Gurdwara is located in Dhobi Mohalla near Sarafa Chowk. Its present three storey building, completed in 1971, has the sanctum on the first floor within a high ceiling hall with a gallery at mid-height. The ground floor serves as a reception hall.
The Gurdwara is registered as Sri Guru Singh Sabha and is managed by a local committee.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors