Gurdwara Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Ka Bagh, also known as Gurdwara Bagh Sahib and Gurdwara Bagh Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji Ka, is located in Ahraura.
Ahraura, a small town in Mirzapur district, is 18 kilometres from Ahraura Road railway station on the Allahabad-Mughal Serai section of Northern Railway and 40 kilometres from Varanasi along the Varanasi-Robertsganj road.
Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji stayed here during his journey from Mirzapur to Banaras (Varanasi) in 1666. Guru Tegh Bahadur planted a tree inaugurating the raising of a garden here at the request of the Sikh Sangat which already existed here.
Even now over a dozen Sikh families, natives of the place, live in Ahraura. The Gurdwara, an old building with many small rooms, is along the main street.
The sanctum is a comparatively spacious rectangular hall across the courtyard. Within the hall is a closet called Nivas Sthan (residence). The garden a small one, is at the back of the sanctum. The Gurdwara is registered as Sri Guru Singh Sabha and is managed by a committee of the local sangat.
A hand written copy of Guru Granth Sahib prepared in 1742 is in the private possession of Sardar Kanta Singh, the Granthi of Gurdwara Bagh Sahib, as it is called for short. A small slip, supposed to contain Guru Tegh Bahadur`s autograph, is pasted on it.
Another handwritten pothi with a similar autograph, is in the possession of another individual, Hira Singh. He has even built a Gurdwara named Gurdwara Guru Gobind Singh Ji Daskhati Sahib in honour of the pothi, but keeps the volume in his house and displays it in the Gurdwara only on special occasions.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan