In 1619 AD, Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji came to Lahore with Diwan Chandu.
The Gurdwara is on Temple road in Mozang. The initial building of this sacred place was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
The Gurdwara was rebuilt in 1926 AD through the courtesy of late Sardar Mehar Singh.
Congregation was held daily, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee remained in charge of its maintenance from 1927 to 1947 and at present it is in the custody of Waqf Board.
Nine Shops inside the building of the Gurdwara Sahib are endowed to it. An Akhand Path (complete recitation) is carried out at Gurpurb. Its doors are ever open for the Sangat.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors