Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji came to the village of Bhagu twice during his travels.
During Guru Gobind Singh's first visit, Guru Ji was returning from the site of Gurdwara Sri Laverisar Sahib, near Bhucho Mandi. Mata Sahib Kaur, Mata Sundar Kaur and a few Singhs were with Guru Gobind Singh.
The area around the village was densely populated with Karir trees. The tree with which Guru Gobind Singh tied his blue horse still stands by the side of the village pond. Guru Gobind Singh stopped here for the night on his way from Bhucho to Bathinda in 1705. Gurdwara Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Bhagu marks the site where Guru Gobind Singh camped.
A villager by the name of Bhai Dyal Das from Bhucho Khurd had refused to take Amrit from Rangrete Singhs at Damdama Sahib. When Bhai Dyal Das came to know about Guru Gobind Singh's visit, he prepared karah prasad and sent it to Guru Gobind Singh.
Guru Gobind Singh refused to accept the karah prasad. Bhai Dyal Das asked Guru Gobind Singh to forgive him for his mistake. Guru Gobind Singh accepted the apology and had the karah prasad distributed in the Sangat and gave Bhai Dyal Das Amrit and Dyal Das became Dyal Singh. After staying the night, bathing and carrying out nitnem with the Sangat, Guru Gobind Singh left for Qila Mubarak Sahib, Bathinda.
During Guru Gobind Singh's second visit, Guru Ji was returning from Lakhi jungle. Guru Gobind Singh stayed here for some time and rested, later Guru Ji continued onwards to Talwandi Sabo.
The old Gurdwara, a small domed room, was replaced during the early 1980`s by a larger hall, with the square sanctum at the far end. The Gurdwara is managed by the village sangat.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan