Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji visited Bargari on his way from Dina to Kot Kapura.
A Gurdwara was established later on the site of the northern edge of the village where Guru Gobind Singh stopped.
Bargari gained prominence in 1924 during the Jaito campaign when the first Shaheedi Jatha (or band of Sikh volunteers) from Amritsar, determined to reach Gurdwara Gangsar or meet a martyrs death, made its last overnight stop at this village.
The villagers served the Jatha as well as the large crowd that had gathered around it during its long journey with great respect.
Gurdwara Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Bargari, inside a walled compound entered through a gateway, preserves the old sanctum, a 5 metre square room, to which a 10 metre square hall has been added in recent years. The Gurdwara is endowed with 20 acres of land and is managed by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee through a local committee.
Besides the daily services, special diwans take place on the first of every Bikrami month, and all major anniversaries on the Sikh calendar are observed. The occasion marked by special fervour is the annual festival of Vaisakhi, the birth of the Khalsa.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan