Gurdwara Sri Guru Chaunki Jhira Sahib is dedicated to Sri Guru Gobind Singh who after winning the battle of Nirmohgarh in October 1700 stayed here for several days at the invitation of the Raja of Basali.
While staying here Guru Gobind Singh also fought and won the Battle of Kamlot.
The original Gurdwara inside the haveli or fortified house of the chief is no longer in existence. The present Gurdwara complex was built in 1982.
It has two separate three storey domed structures and a flat roofed hall. The Guru Granth Sahib is seated in one of the domed buildings, and the other contains a Sikh artifact, a chaunki or low wooden seat, believed to be the one on which Guru Gobind Singh used to sit for meditation or while preaching.
The Gurdwara is maintained by the local sangat.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan