The village Hanjrai is located on Lahore-Multan road. It is located twenty kilometers away from the River Ravi from Pattoki town. A road leads from Pattoki to Hanjra.
The Gurdwara of Sri Guru Arjan Sahib Ji is located in the eastern side of the village.
The Gurdwara marks the site of where Guru Arjan settled a long standing boundary dispute between two brothers, Jatri and Hanjra, who each owned a village.
Guru Arjan established the boundary between the two villages. Guru Ji graced both the villages by his presence.
Initially the Gurdwara was a simple construction but subsequently the village sangat built it with bricks and mortar.
The Gurdwara has been closed since 1947. The sarovar has become a pool of stagnated water.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan