Gurdwara Sri Charan Paduka Sahib Nizamabad was visited by Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji, during his eastern (first) udasi from Ayodhya to Benaras (Varanasi), and Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji during his journey back towards Punjab from Patna in 1670.
As a mark of their visit both Guru Nanak and Guru Tegh Bahadur left their Charan Paduka (wooden sandals) here. Guru Nanak's sandals were given to him by Raja Shiv Nabh.
The place where Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji prayed to God is known as the Akal Bunga and there is also the Dukh Niwaran Khu (a well) whereby bathing with the water of the well and remembering God (Naam Simran) washes away a persons dukh.
It is said that Gurdwara Guru Nanak Ghat is located at the bank of the river Tamsa where Guru Nanak on the insistence of the local people made the dead Ram Niwaj Kayasth, alive. On the other bank of the river Tamsa was a dry and parched land which became evergreen by the touch of the Guru's feet. Thereafter it was known as the Anand Bagh (garden of happiness).
Bawa Kripa Dayal Singh of Goindwal established a proper Gurdwara and himself settled here to preach Sikhism. The Gurdwara became a well known Sikh centre during the time of his son Sadho Singh and grandson, the well-known scholar, author and poet Bawa Sumer Singh.
The Gurdwara buildings were renovated by Bhai Sadhu Singh Mauni, whose successors continue to administer it. Besides the wooden sandals there are twenty-five (25) old hand-written copies of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and six (6) old hand written copies of Dasam Granth Sahib Ji along with many puratan weapons like swords, shields, spears, guns, etc.
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors
Live Gurdwara Kirtan