Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, after winning the battle fought at 'Nathane Di Dhaab', stayed at village Gujjarwal, District Ludhiana, during the night of 14th December 1631.
During the next day Guru Hargobind crossed the river Sutlej, with his army, on boats. The boatman was given 500 silver mohurs by Guru Sahib as a blessing for the work he had performed.
Guru Hargobind Sahib and his men came to Phillaur, where the Gurdwara is now situated. Guru Sahib stayed at the place for the night and left for Kiratpur Sahib the next day.
A new Gurdwara is currently being built around the original one.
Phillaur is a well known town on the main GT Road between Jalandhar and Ludhiana which has also an impressive Qila that belonged to Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
The Phillaur Fort is currently occupied by the Punjab Police Academy. It allows visitors on most days and has a British era firearm collection to view.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors