Gurdwara Sri Baba Ajit Singh commemorates the visit of Sahibzada Baba Ajit Singh Ji (1687-1705) in March 1703.
Sahibzada Baba Ajit Singh, the eldest son of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, was on his way back from Bassi Kalan where he had gone to rescue a young brahman bride from the clutches of the local Pathan chieftain.
Sahibzada Baba Ajit Singh stopped at Baddon to cremate one of his warriors, Bhai Karam Singh, who had been wounded in the skirmish at Bassi Kalan and had since succumbed to his injuries.
The Gurdwara constructed by the local sangat in 1928 on the site of the original shrine inside the village comprises a flat roofed hall, with the sanctum marked off by two pillars at the far end, and a 3 metre wide verandah on three sides.
Gurdwara Sri Baba Ajit Singh is affiliated to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and is maintained by the local sangat.
Back to Historic Sikh Gurdwaras list
Gurmat Gyan (Knowledge)
Other Gurbani Contributors